You discover that several nearby senior living communities offer memory care programs. But you suspect not all of them are created equal.
You’re left with the question: What makes a good memory care program? Personalization is key.
Personalized memory care
You may already have some ideas. You’re looking for a place where they will feel at home. Ideally, they should be supported by staff who know their life story, see who they are beyond the dementia, and take the time to form meaningful, caring relationships with them.
What we’re talking about is personalized memory care. Here are some other features a good personalized memory care program should include:
- A pre-admission home visit and assessment
- Specially trained staff to assist with all aspects of care while encouraging independence
- A fully supervised, success-oriented activities program
- Regularly scheduled social events with family involvement
Personalized memory care programming also needs to adapt as your loved one’s dementia progresses and their cognitive abilities change over time.
Check out our free ebook, Senior Living Options: A Guide for Understanding Which Level of Care is the Best Fit.
Sinceri’s exclusive Meaningful Moments® program checks all these boxes. It’s built on the following cornerstones:
- Purposeful Programming – Our team members continually look for opportunities to deepen their connections with residents. Often they do this during activities, be they scheduled or unscheduled. They’re able to relate to each resident on a personal level because they know each of their individual life stories, their preferences, and their cherished memories.
- Signature Dining – We offer three meals and three snacks each day. Not only does this keep residents nourished and hydrated, it gives them another opportunity to stay socially engaged (something our team members facilitate whenever they can). Friends and family are always welcome to drop by at mealtime.
- Training, Education and Retention – With our strong onboarding processes and extensive Meaningful Moments training program, we are able to successfully keep both new and current team members informed of the latest care techniques and best practices for safety and engagement. We include families in our education, allowing us to better partner with them in their loved one’s care.
- Family Partnership – Entrusting a loved one’s care to someone can be a difficult decision to make, especially if you’ve been the sole caregiver. When the transition to memory care comes, you can experience feelings of guilt and loss. As part of our Meaningful Moments program, we coach families through this transition. Through care conferences and frequent communication via the Sagely app, we encourage families to stay as involved as possible in their loved one’s healthcare.
To sum up, we offer a distinctly full lifestyle enrichment program so that there is always an opportunity to try something new, partake in a favorite hobby or get active – from sunrise to sunset, seven days a week. We offer a full range of opportunities for socializing and companionship on a daily basis. Our activities include shopping trips, sightseeing drives and dining at favorite restaurants. Friends and family are a part of our community and are always welcome.
Here are some other services and amenities you can expect:
- Furnished linens and routine housekeeping
- Comfortable, attractively decorated living rooms, activity rooms and private conversation areas
- Cable TV and fireplace in living rooms
- Beautifully landscaped secured courtyard with walking areas
- Individualized service plans
- Electronically monitored security system
- TV and phone outlets in all resident rooms
- Support groups, educational programs and referral services
To learn more about senior living care options, check out our free ebook, Senior Living Options: A Guide for Understanding Which Level of Care is the Best Fit.